Essential Job Functions:
- Delivery Driver will be assigned duties, based on organizational needs and priorities.
- Deliver product within assigned route schedule and time windows. Immediately inform management team of any deviations.
- Unload product from trailer, by hand or using hand cart/pallet jack, and place in designated customer storage areas. May include transporting product down ramps, stairs, or docks, in all weather conditions.
- Frequently lift, push, or move product that weighs up to 100 pounds; frequently reach up to 72” to stack and unstack pallets and hand cart; constantly bend and twist while loading and unloading product, and retrieving items from trailer.
- Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper signatures. Contact management for authorization when discrepancies on invoice and communicate all errors/returns.
- Collect money (cash or checks) where required, and turn in all funds collected daily.
- Pickup, load and unload damaged goods and customer returns, and complete necessary paperwork.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip responsibilities in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and Harvest policies and procedures.
- Complete Department of Transportation (DOT) logs (electronic or manual as required), company vehicle maintenance reports and reconcile with appropriate company representative as required.
- Follow Hamilton preferred work methods at all times, and immediately advise supervisor of any unsafe conditions.
- Maintain and safely operate all assigned equipment, including but not limited to hand cart, pallets jacks, and personal protective equipment.
- Maintain sanitary conditions in tractor and trailer and assist with maintaining sanitary conditions in the warehouse and yard.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist colleagues as needed
- Attend staff scheduled staff meetings
- When On-Call must be available by phone and at the branch within the hour
- Perform other tasks as needed.
- Frequently lift, push or move product that weighs up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to sit and remain alert while driving through a shift.
- Must be able to enter and exit the vehicles cab many times a day.
- Frequently reach up to 72 inches to stack and unstack pallets and hand card.
- Constantly bend, twist, climbing, squatting crouching and balancing while loading and unload product and retrieving items from truck.
- Transport product down ramps, stairs, or docks in all weather conditions.