To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function assigned satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Deliver product within assigned route schedule and time windows. Immediately inform management team of any deviations.
- Unload product from trailer, by hand or using hand cart/pallet jack, and place in designated customer storage areas. May include transporting product down ramps, stairs, or docks, in all weather conditions.
- Frequently lift, push, or move product that weighs 1-75 pounds, up to 100 pounds; frequently reach up to 72” to stack and unstack pallets and hand cart; constantly bend and twist while loading and unloading product, and retrieving items from trailer.
- Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper signatures. Contact management for authorization when discrepancies on invoice and communicate all errors/returns.
- Collect money (cash or checks) where required, and turn in all funds collected daily.
- Pickup, load and unload damaged goods and customer returns, and complete necessary paperwork.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip responsibilities in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and Harvest policies and procedures.
- Perform coupling/un-coupling procedures for the tractor/trailer as needed.
- Complete Department of Transportation (DOT) logs (electronic or manual as required), company vehicle maintenance reports and reconcile with appropriate company representative as required.
- Follow Harvest preferred work methods at all times, and immediately advise supervisor of any unsafe conditions.
- Maintain and safely operate all assigned equipment, including but not limited to hand cart, pallets jacks, and personal protective equipment.
- Maintain sanitary conditions in tractor and trailer and assist with maintaining sanitary conditions in the warehouse and yard.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Frequently lift, push or move product that weighs from 1 up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to sit and remain alert while driving through a shift.
- Must be able to enter and exit the vehicles cab many times a day (cab floor level 36 to 66 inches above ground level).
- Frequently reach up to 72 inches to stack and unstack pallets and hand card.
- Constantly bend, twist, climbing, squatting crouching and balancing while loading and unload product, and retrieving items from trailer.
- Transport product down ramps, stairs, or docks in all weather conditions.
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record
- Able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations
- Must have basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide).
- Must pass pre-employment testing (Drug Screen, Background Check)
- Must be able to work a varied schedule to include nights, weekends, and holidays.