As an OTR Hopper-Bottom driver you can earn $1000 – $1200+ per week and be home most weekends!
- Our top performing drivers earn $65,000 – $75,000+
- Up to $6,000 Sign-on Bonus available based on qualifications!
- Guaranteed pay increases for the first 3 years, with 3 pay raises in the first year.
- Paid detention, breakdown, and layover.
- Weekly Safety and Performance bonus.
- Sign-on bonus and Paid Orientation.
- Driver Referral Bonus – Spread the word and earn extra cash for every driver you refer.
- PeopleNet ELD solution in all of our trucks.
- LoadDocs document scanning.
- PrePass and APU in every OTR truck!
- Home most weekends!
- We need drivers with a Hazardous Materials Endorsement, TWIC, and passport for Canada.
Our Hopper-bottom fleet primarily runs up and down the I-55 corridor with some customers that take us into Canada as well.
Stop searching for just a job, and drive with us to a brighter future! Click the apply link and submit your application today or call us for more information at 1-800-333-4703 ext. 142.
Drives commercial vehicle in excess of 26,000 pounds with air-brakes over long distances to deliver cargo or product(s) on time, sometimes over intercity routes or spanning several states, while applying knowledge and skills in maneuvering vehicle in difficult situations or conditions.
- Complies with all federal, state and local laws and regulations (including size, weight, route designations, parking, break periods etc.) as well as with company policies and procedures.
- Maintains current Record of Duty Status and submits supporting documents as required by Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulations.
- Monitors road/weather conditions and watches for traffic congestion; collects and verifies delivery instructions and plans routes using maps or satellite tracking to meet delivery schedules.
- Inspects vehicle and trailer(s) before and after every trip for mechanical defects and safety issues and submits reports for any defects they find.
- Performs light vehicle maintenance, and reports serious mechanical problems to the appropriate personnel.
- Fuels and cleans truck, washes windows and services truck with oil, and radiator fluid.
- Assists in loading and unloading truck including cranking hopper doors open or closed.
- May be required to move cargo by hand or shovel during loading or unloading process.
- Secures load in hopper by rolling tarp with crank handle over the trailer and secures with hitch pin.
- Performs trailer coupling and uncoupling procedures as required.
- May be required to transport hazardous materials.
- Reads bill of lading and emergency response information or other associated documentation.
- Inputs information into mobile messaging system for each stage of loading and unloading process.
- Reports all accidents and any violations from roadside inspections, tickets or warnings.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management to ensure efficient company operations.
- Current Class A CDL with Hazardous Materials Endorsement (TWIC card optional).
- Possess a valid DOT Medical Certification registered with state of residence.
- Verifiable 36 months Class A driving experience
- Acceptable MVR/CDLIS, PSP, DAC, and criminal background.
- Pass a DOT pre-employment Controlled Substance Test and company WorkSteps Tests.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state and local standards/requirements.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with a “legal” disability to perform the essential functions of this position. The Truck Driver job position at Buchheit Logistic, Inc. may involve work on hopper trailers, end-dump trailers dry van trailers, and/or flatbed trailers.
- Able to lift, stand, stoop, climb, bend, kneel and/or crouch in order to complete assigned tasks.
- Pull a “5th Wheel Pin” during uncoupling operation.
- Use a dolly crank during coupling/uncoupling operation.
- Roll tarp across top of trailer.
- Open doors on an occasional basis.
- It should be noted that this position requires a fair amount of climbing on ladders and on/around trailers to secure cargo, tarp, and/or to move product via brooms, push bars and/or shovels.
The successful candidate is subject to a DOT pre-employment drug test, WorkSteps and background check.
Buchheit Logistics is an equal opportunity employer.