Nalco Water, an Ecolab Company, has an immediate need for a Customer Delivery Specialist III in our logistics group. If you are a dedicated DOT driving professional with a proven track record of success in customer delivery, we invite you to apply. This is your opportunity to join a large growing company offering a competitive base salary and benefits.
What’s in it For You
- Access to best in class resources, tools, and technology
- A culture that values safety first, including training and personal protection
- Comprehensive benefits package starting day 1 of employment- medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, company paid pension, stock purchase plan, tuition reimbursement and more
- Paid hotel stays and meals while on the road
Responsible for the safe operation and preventative maintenance of any type of vehicle used to deliver chemicals to customers, plant and/or warehouse locations.
Miles driven per year: 30,000 – 70,000
Average equipment value: $60,000 - $180,000
Average load capacity: 300 – 7,000 gallons
- Operates all types of vehicles, i.e., delivery trucks, tank trucks over-the-road trucks. Must be able to safely operate all types of vehicles on heavily congested city highways, rolling and mountainous terrain and on rural roads. Must be able to back straight trucks, semitrucks and trailers into narrow passages through industrial equipment.
- Maintains driver’s hours of service by using Turnpike, Qualcomm and/or paper log book reporting. Responsible for accurate up-to-date delivery location maps and operates in accordance with DOT regulations governing the transportation of hazardous materials in accordance with homeland security requirements and guidelines.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date customer location maps and follows customer delivery instructions as stated on the bill of lading.
- Working knowledge of equipment, compliant with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and DOT regulations governing the transportation of hazardous materials.
- In some locations, during non-driving time may perform warehouse duties, which include preventative maintenance duties, inventory and ordering of chemicals, receiving incoming shipments, organizing warehouse for safe and efficient chemical storage, operation of customized chemical manufacturing equipment and the upkeep of warehouse grounds.
- Keeps current on safety techniques and take advantage of Nalco and outside sponsored opportunities to improve driving and safety skills. Must be able to recognize and avoid safety hazards in the work environment.
- May be responsible for loading the required chemical and/or supplies onto a truck and is responsible for meeting customer delivery schedules/requirements.
- Must be skilled in the operation of forklifts, drum dollies and trailer hoists and have a good aptitude for working with chemical pumps, hoses, meters, printers and gauges. Products may be handled in various types of packages including bulk, drums, Porta-Feeds and mini/micro-feed units.
- Will have direct customer contact and is required to present themselves and Nalco in a pleasant, courteous and professional manner. The Customer Delivery Specialist III will work closely with Nalco’s sales people to satisfy customer requirements.
- Will be expected to follow Zero Defect Delivery procedures for all delivery assignments.
- Will be expected to advise immediate supervisor and/or sales of any competitive activity observed at Nalco customer plants/locations.
- Responsible for conducting pre-trip and post-trip inspections.
- High school graduate or equivalent GED.
- Must meet DOT and Nalco’s Drug Screening and physical examination requirements (Random drug testing is part of Nalco’s Corporate Drug Policy).
- Must have a current Class A CDL (Commercial Driver’s License), issued by the state in which the candidate resides with all the relevant endorsements (HazMat/Tanker).
- Must have three (3) years of commercial driving experience, and no violations or preventable accidents in the past three (3) years.
- Must be willing to travel Mon-Fri, home on Weekends and Holidays.
- No immigration sponsorship available for this position.
Physical and dexterity requirements
- Lowering/Pushing/ Lifting containers, hoses (50+ pounds)/ Wheeling containers (600 + pounds)
- Repetitive Motion/ Hand, wrist, elbow, shoulder action
- Working at heights, requiring good balance/ Walking on trailer catwalks (12ft +)/ Climbing ladders on trailers and tanks (12ft +)
- Sitting/ Driving for extended periods of time (10+ hours)
- Twisting/ Turning/ Operating in tight quarters
- Physically capable of using a respirator