Do you enjoy driving on the open road? Are you proud of the work you do and want to work for a recognizable brand? Come join our team and drive our “Cheese Trucks!”
You enjoy driving across country. You have a strong work ethic and positive attitude. You take pride in delivering a quality product on time. You value safety above all else.
Your Passion. Our Culture.
At Sargento, you work for a company you believe in, with a family of people who believe in you. Our culture stems from a simple premise: Hire good people and treat them like family. At Sargento, you can make decisions based on how they affect people as well as the long-term health of our company. You will be encouraged to make a meaningful difference in the community, in the company and in your career. With diverse experiences and tools to learn and develop, you can transform your aspirations into reality. If you’re ready for the right place to belong and grow your career, you can find it here.
What You Do.
Drive tractor-trailer combination on 1700 – 4000 miles per week trips to transport and deliver company products to designated customer locations. Pick up manufacturing supplies from company vendors. Utilizing the fleet to the maximum potential, the expectation is that our full time over-the- road drivers works a five-day work week. An over-the- road driver may be scheduled for a run that has them returning in 3 or 4 days. They would then be required to drive another day or two on a local Wisconsin run.
1. Inspect vehicle safety conditions before and after trips and report any malfunctions and/or condition requiring mechanical attention and/or repair.
2. Drive tractor-trailer combination units on long distance hauls to transport and deliver company products to designated customer locations. (Requires skills to maintain control of truck during runs, backing up, turning tight corners and negotiating narrow passageways or thoroughfares.)
3. Maintain schedules, mileage truck logs and obtain necessary signature on Bill of Ladings or sign for any material to be picked up.
4. Entering trip information and messages into the on-board computer for e-logging and dispatch purposes.
5. Obtain necessary outside services on runs to include diesel fuel, lubrication, batteries, tires, lights, brakes; communicate with company on any major mechanical problems or emergencies.
6. Follow the Sargento Code of Business and Personal Ethics.
7. Ensure regular and reliable attendance.
Your Education and Experience.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Comprehensive knowledge of DOT regulations
- Over the Road driving experience and knowledge for refrigerated units is preferred
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License
- 2 years or 100,000 miles driving experience required
- Satisfactory MVR (Motor Vehicle Record)
This position is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles; extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Your Needs. Our Values.
“People-First Culture” - Our people-first culture is founded on a simple premise: Hire good people and treat them like family. Your team really is your extended family and friends. Our Sargento Family rallies around those experiencing challenging situations and are the first ones to celebrate milestones.
Live Well, Work Well - You are encouraged and enabled to balance your career with interests and activities outside of work. We value Humor and Fun because we can laugh at ourselves and you can’t smile without saying “cheese”. Our CEO always says, if you’re not having fun at work or spending time with your family, then you’re doing it wrong.
Career Advancement - We support your career aspirations with individual development plans, career paths, coaching and mentoring through our “promote from within” philosophy. It is not uncommon for employees to start their career in an entry-level manufacturing position and with dedication, hard work, and our tuition reimbursement program they have the potential to advance into leadership roles.
Caring for Community - When you work here, you can make a difference in the company and in the lives of people in our communities, including supporting the United Way, Habitat for Humanity and feeding those in need. We partner with the Green Bay Packers through our ‘Touchdowns for Hunger’ program which has resulted in donating $1.3 million to date for hunger relief. We support our employees who serve their communities year-round including providing paid time off to contribute to causes that are meaningful to them.
Brand Innovation & Leadership - We’re a national brand, owned by a real family. Because we are privately-held every employee is considered part of the Sargento Family and can make a meaningful impact. We seek people who will challenge assumptions and introduce new ideas to help achieve our corporate goals. We are an industry leader because of our quest to find the next breakthrough and have been a Nielsen Award Winner thanks to our game-changing products.
With 2,000 employees and net sales of $1.4 billion, Sargento Foods is a family-owned company that has been a leader in cheese for more than 60 years. We created the world’s first, successful pre-packaged sliced and shredded natural cheeses. Sargento is based in Plymouth, Wisconsin, where we manufacture and market shredded, sliced and snack natural cheese products, as well as ingredients and sauces. Sargento is known for the exceptional quality of our products and for product design, packaging and merchandising innovations that have transformed our industry.