CRINC is a “Third party pick up agent” that has the capacity to step into the distributor’s role and assume all tasks in regard to the collection, processing and payment for used beverage containers under Iowa Code 455c also known as the Iowa Container Deposit Law. CRINC is a transportation and logistics company that has been supporting beverage distributors in the state of Iowa for over 35 years. CRINC maintains a staff of over 35 full-time employees to provide collection and processing of used beverage containers coming from all 99 counties in the state of Iowa. With 15 trucks crossing the state daily, CRINC constantly interacts with all key players involved including retailers, distributors and redemption centers.
CRINC is an experienced leader in redemption container collection and processing. CRINC boasts of processing over 160 million containers state wide and serving over 40 beverage distributors.
Get in the driver’s seat with a fast-paced career at CRINC LLC. As an industry leader, CRINC offers competitive pay, and benefits.
The Intrastate Driver position is one of our most physically demanding jobs. Drivers are responsible for servicing assigned route(s) with the collection and hauling of deposit containers or recycling materials to a recycling plant. This position routinely requires extensive physical exertion (lifting, pushing, and pulling weight up to 75 pounds each from the ground approximately 100-400 times per day) and entering/exiting the truck approximately 20 times per day. Intrastate Drivers are exposed to extreme weather conditions and unpleasant odors and sights. The hours and physical demand may vary by route or area. Most of our routes are home each evening.
- Long Term/Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Competitive wages
- Paid Holidays
- Home each night
- Flexible Schedule
- Operate truck in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Provide deposit containers or recycling removal services to customers on assigned route(s).
- Maintain and update tablet set route
- Conduct pre-trip/post trip inspections and complete logs.
- Maintain and update Electronic Log Data
- Professional interaction with internal and external customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including repetitive lifting, pushing, pulling and climbing).
- Ability to drive truck with a manual transmission.
- General knowledge of mechanics of trucks.
- Ability to work overtime
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Good written and verbal communication skills to be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Previous CDL truck driving experience preferred.
- Additional skills may be required to perform additional task(s) specific to work location, department or line of business.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must have at least a valid Class A CDL.
- Must have a valid DOT medical card or obtain prior to hire
- Must successfully complete pre-employment testing.
- Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough to communicate, understand, and respond to questions, directions, traffic signs, signals, and safety training.
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions.
- Exposure to residential and commercial waste.
- Possible exposure to high traffic conditions while outside of the vehicle.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity and level of
work to be performed by employees assigned to this position, and is not to be construed
as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Interested applicants please contact Doug at 515-265-4275.
Job Type: Full-time
Required license or certification:
- CDL Class A