- Relief Coach Operators
Recruitment Closes: July 20th, 2019
EOE & Drug Free.
Driving a bus is a very important and highly rewarding job. A Relief Transit Operator covers vacancies created by full-time operators who are unavailable for reasons such as vacation, training, illness, etc. Upon successful completion of training, you will begin in entry-level part-time positions and promoted to a full-time position based on seniority as vacancies occur. Relief Operators are guaranteed a minimum of 28 hours per week, yet could work 40 or more hours depending on the needs of the Agency in any given week. Relief Operators must be available seven days a week and will be scheduled for on-call work.
Our operating hours begin at 4:20 a.m. and continue until 9:30 p.m. Relief Operators are expected to drive any shift and any route including nights, holidays, weekends, mornings, split shifts, and on-call.
- $18.00 per hour during training (you will work full-time during training)
- Relief Transit Operator wages range from $20.73 - $27.68 per hour
- Operate a passenger coach on specified routes and time schedules in accordance with established safety and operational policies and procedures while picking up and delivering passengers
- Promote good passenger relations by positive treatment of passengers; greet passengers in a courteous manner; assist passengers with boarding, seating, questions and related matters
- Operate two-way radio for professional routine communication with dispatch center and other coaches
- Assist passengers boarding and disembarking from vehicles; properly secure passengers and mobility devices; operate lift for persons with and without mobility aids
- Prepare vehicle for operation by following required pre-trip inspection as instructed
Any equivalent combination of education and experience that provide the knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform the job. A typical way to meet this requirement would be:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5 years of driving experience
- 1 year of experience in customer service or related field
- Valid Washington State Commercial Driver*s License (Skagit Transit provides training & testing to obtain)
- Maintain an acceptable driving record
o No moving violations within the last 2 years
o No more than 2 moving violations within the last 5 years
o No more than 2 accidents, at fault or not at fault, within the last 5 years
o No DUI violations or revocation of license within the last 10 years