School District of Okaloosa County
Okaloosa County, Florida
Position Title: Mechanic II
Reports To: Transportation Shop Foreman/Specialist
Minimum Eligibility Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent and Job-related experience/achievement. Such alternatives to the above requirements as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense in carrying out instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Other Skills: Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships. Demonstrates ability to perform tasks.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, reach, bend, carry, use tools, talk and hear. Employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and move up to 50 pounds. Close vision, distance vision and depth perception are required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The noise level is loud. The employee works near moving busses and equipment and may work with toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee works occasionally in outside weather conditions and must meet deadlines.
Job Goal: To perform productively in order to maintain the vehicle fleet in optimum conditions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists in repairs for all types of service vehicles such as vans, pickup trucks, buses, etc.
2. Troubleshoots and repairs electrical circuitry in all types of vehicular equipment.
3. Performs safety inspections and repairs accordingly on school district vehicles.
4. Assumes responsibility for all tools, equipment, and vehicles that are assigned to him for the performance of his duties.
5. Maintains a clean, safe environment in which to perform his duties.
6. Keeps shop, parking area clean.
7. Drives buses as assigned.
8. Abides by and facilitates adherence to all applicable laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures; maintains professional ethical standards; maintains high level of professional development/knowledge.
9. Other such duties as may be: (1) temporarily and/or sporadically performed as assigned by the supervisor and/or the Board, (2) permanently reassigned and specific changes noted and signed by the incumbent.
Length of Employment: Twelve months
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy and state laws.
It is the policy of the school district of Okaloosa county not to discriminate against employees or applicants employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, age, or handicap. It is the policy of the school district of Okaloosa county to hire only U. S. Citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the united states. These policies shall apply to recruitment, employment, transfers, compensation, and other items and conditions of employment.