Twomey Co

By: Bubbajunk.com

The Twomey Company was founded by V. T. Twomey in 1945. Initially V.T. Twomey purchased a small wood frame elevator from Davis Grain Company. Its storage capacity was of 45,000 bushels. In 1954 the first grain storage warehouse was built with a capacity of 65,000 bushels. In 1956 the wood framed elevator and office were destroyed by fire and were replaced by a concrete elevator holding 180,000 bushels. In 1972 a barge loading facility was added at the Mississippi River west of Gladstone in Henderson County giving Twomey Company the ability to ship grain by barge.
 
The headquarters of Twomey Company is located in Smithshire. Twomey Company operates seven grain elevators located at Smithshire, Larchland, Yorkwood, Media, Suez Twp, Gladstone Bluff, and Twomey Landing (River) in IL to serve the marketing, drying and storage needs of its customer. The company operates a fluid suspension fertilizer plant, provides custom spraying, crop scouting, and crop imputs. The Company is also a Wyffels Hybrids seed corn dealer and a Stine seed bean dealer. Generally the company is unable to take advantage of special bids for immediate delivery to processors and terminals during harvest since their truck fleet is normally committed to moving grain already sold or to warehouses for storage. Twomey Company accepts all hybrids of yellow corn approved for export food and feed use.
 
Twomey Company provides employment opportunities for the individuals who want to build their carrier with Twomey. CompanyÂâ€Ã¢„¢s comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, retirement savings plans and more and also offers flexibility, choice and value.
 
The Company is a member of the National Grain and Feed Association, Illinois Grain and Feed Association, Grain Elevator and Processing Society, Illinois Fertilizer and Chemical Association, and the Ag Retailers Association.