Clearwater Power Co.

By: Bubbajunk.com

Clearwater Power Company was initially called as Clearwater Valley Light and Power Association. In 1936, Kenny managed a farmer's co-op, the Lenore Grain and Seed Grower's Company. The company was established in 1937.

Today the service area of Clearwater Power Company consists of approximately 5,000 square miles in eleven counties in North Central Idaho, Southeast Washington, and Northeast Oregon. The Cooperative has lines in Benewah, Clearwater, Idaho, Latah, Lewis, Nez Perce, and Shoshone Counties in Idaho; Asotin, Garfield, and Whitman Counties in Washington; and Wallowa County in Oregon. The companyÂâ€Ã¢„¢s main office is located in Lewiston, Idaho and has two construction warehouses located in Princeton and Ahsahka, Idaho.

The Co-op created the Helping Hand Program to assist low and fixed income households and those with unexpected emergencies. The program helps other Co-op members in need who have exhausted all other resources to pay for any form of primary heat. Clearwater Power Company offers a complete line of surge protectors , including meter based whole-house surge protection as well as a variety of point-of-use surge protectors for individual items. The "Turtle" brand automated meter reading device is installed in a standard meter. This device sends a signal through the power lines, transmitting the meter reading to a receiver placed in the substation. Clearwater Power Company can access the receiver at the substation using a modem and computer to download the meter reading without even leaving the office.
 
The mission of Clearwater Power Company is to provide its member consumers with safe, reliable, efficient, reasonably priced energy and services that will improve and enhance their quality of life consistent with sound business practices.